Motor City Electric Utilities is an electrical transmission and distribution company that provides comprehensive customer support from project conception to design, engineering, project management, and construction.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning direction, coordination, and budgeting usually through subordinate supervisory personnel all activities concerned with the engineering and design of high voltage substation projects.
Job Title: Substation Project Manager
Supervisor: Program Manager / General Manager / Vice President of Utilities Division
- Manage relationships with clients.
- Lead a team of Design and Construction Engineers in the execution of Substation projects from initiation of the project through closeout.
- Manage Engineering and EPC project budgets ranging from $250K – $50 million.
- Manage project schedules and deliverables to meet external customer goals.
- Manage the development of project proposals, bid preparation, project schedules, bill of materials, etc. for assigned Substation projects.
- Interface with all internal and external stakeholders affected by the project including project team, management team, end-users, governmental/regulatory agencies, and vendors.
- Report project status weekly and monthly to upper management. Monthly reports require comprehensive cost reviews and projections.
- Travel to client sites/field/vendor facilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the engineering/design of electrical systems within the Utilities or Energy Industries.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing projects, the delegation of work, directing others, and planning of substation projects.
- Advanced organizational skills required to manage multiple complex transmission line projects ensuring safety cost schedule scope and quality is met.
- Superior interpersonal skills needed to operate within a matrix environment.
- Outstanding leadership skills required to build and motivate project teams.
- Exceptional communication skills are necessary when called upon to represent the project in regulatory hearings interfacing with internal & external stakeholders and reviewing projects with management and customers.
- Excellent computer system skills required for cost and schedule reporting (Primavera Excel Word PowerPoint etc.).
Compensation and Benefits:
Motor City Electric Co. is a highly regarded, established full-service union electrical contracting company based in Detroit, Michigan. Our customers encompass some of the biggest names in the commercial, industrial, automotive, utility, transportation, public works, and government sectors.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as an ESOP company (Employee Stock Option Purchase) offering unmatched benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, a fully-equipped on-site fitness center, and much more.