MCE has a position open for a Payroll Processor in our Accounting Department.
This is a position that requires a high degree of confidentiality handling payroll information or a daily basis. The Payroll Processor is responsible for all aspects of payroll input for Field and Office Payroll, including entering time, as well as processing and sorting payroll checks to ensure that the payroll is delivered to all personnel in a timely manner.
Essential responsibilities of this position include:
- Collecting/recording time sheets for all assigned employees at all job sites.
- Entering/importing all time and balancing the time sheets to ensure that payroll is correct.
- Processing/printing/saving to the network all reports associated with the payroll when processed.
- Printing checks and reviewing printed checks for signature.
- Ensuring assigned payrolls and all quarterly/annual related functions are fully completed, correct, and on time.
- Making sure that all layoffs are done correctly and on a timely basis.
- Maintaining and updating payroll and personnel files both on electronically and on paper.
- Completing assigned union reports on a timely basis.
- Preparing specified weekly, monthly, and quarterly payroll tax deposits and payments.
- Preparing certain monthly 401k contribution information.
- Tracking vacation accrual, as well as sick time for assigned subsidiaries.
- Preparing journal entries for allocating job costs.
- Setting up new employee files, including tax information, I-9 form, and union information.
- Preparing assigned inter-company billings involving confidential subsidiary pay rates.
Other responsibilities include preparation of various productivity and staff information reports as required by management and other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, or three or more years of relevant experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet packages, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with eCMS & I series a plus.