Motor City Electric Co. seeks a full-time Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical engineering information and assistance to the Senior Engineer/Project Manager to ensure that project complies with the project requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, best design practices and specifications. Knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, and value engineering for constructible projects.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year in the field of electrical engineering power distribution design. Familiarity with electrical codes — NEC, NFPA preferred.
- Perform cable and conduit sizing.
- Prepare power system single line diagrams, to include feeder and over current protection sizing, and equipment elevations.
- Prepare short circuit and over-current protection device coordination and arc flash studies, transformer sizing, lighting and UPS load calculations, voltage drop and underground thermal ampacity calculations.
- Participate and coordinate value engineering functions. Visit job sites of remodel projects to field survey existing electrical conditions.
- Coordinate work with the project specifications or equipment buy-out.
- Review, comment and process equipment and system submittals. Generate project specifications. Generate and coordinate RFIs.
- Perform coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, process, and all electrical trades. Prepare designs, check, and specify power, lighting, and auxiliary systems.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Work closely with the Field Operations and Project Manager to coordinate the design criteria with budgetary issues.
- Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
- Cable tray and conduit routing layout drawings, detail drawings and as-built drawings. Scheduling take-off/bill of quantities/material take-offs.
- Site construction/EPC experience will be beneficial, but not essential.
- Coordinate architectural, civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical designs.
- Degree in electrical engineering/construction technology.
- Experience: minimum two (2) years.
- High-rise commercial or plant/manufacturing/industrial, data center experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Fluency in analytics programs for short circuit and over current coordination, and arc flash analysis programs.
- Fluency with applicable codes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact professionally with peers — both management and staff, suppliers, customers, and others
- Location: Detroit MI
- Position Type: Full-time
- Experience Level: Entry/Junior
- General work environment – Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning. Sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, & carrying,
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.