The Electrical Detailer develops detailed coordination drawings and fabrication electrical pathways of underground, above ground, under floor, overhead equipment, ceilings, and electrical rooms.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop detailed, two-dimensional and three-dimensional conduit, cable tray, and equipment drawings for coordination with other trades and prefabrication based on the particular job specifications and design documents.
- Checking as built conditions that require field-surveying techniques.
- Preparing documentation requesting clarification of original architectural design and the organization and follow up responses.
- Performing verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet customer requirements.
- Maintaining Revit and CAD system to enhance effectiveness.
- Run Clash Detection using Navis Manage for project coordination.
- Applying skills to produce drawings consistent with instruction, prefabrication, guidelines, and standards.
- Managing master file locations, names, file layers, and symbolization
- Reading floor plans, sections, and elevations
- Understanding layering and pen weights.
- Conferring with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems and explaining drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary.
- Representing the Company in job site coordination meetings with other trades.
- At least 2 years of commercial electrical field experience and 1 year of experience using Revit, AutoCAD or MicroStation
- High School Diploma or GED
- Revit, AutoCAD, Navis Manage or MicroStation Certifications preferred
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Experience with coordination
- Experience in the electrical design and construction installation methods
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction blueprints (architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and special systems)