At Motor City Electric Co. community involvement is very important. As a staple company in the Detroit metro area since 1952, MCE has chosen the American Diabetes Association as its primary charity. Working closely to improve the lives of Americans through reliable electrical contracting, we saw a necessity for increased support for overall health as well. Our commitment to our community is long lasting and motivates our family of professionals every day.
It is with great pride that Motor City Electric Co. remains committed to the development of a healthy America.
DIABETES STANDS TO BECOME ONE OF OUR NATION’S GREATEST HEALTH CHALLENGES
- An estimated 30.3 million, or 1 in 11, children and adults in the United States have diabetes
- Of the 30.3 million, 23.1 million are diagnosed, and 7.2 million are not diagnosed
- 1.25 million American children and adults have Type 1
- Another 84 million Americans have pre-diabetes
- Every 21 seconds someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with diabetes
- 18,000 youth are diagnosed with Type 1 each year and 5,000 are diagnosed with Type 2
- African Americans and Hispanics are over 50% more likely to have diabetes than non-Hispanic whites
- The disease is the leading cause of kidney failure, non-traumatic lower-limb amputation, and new cases of blindness among working age adults in the U.S.
- Overall this is a major cause of heart disease and stroke
The American Diabetes Association® is fighting for these millions of families and individuals. Working every day to prevent the disease and improve the lives of those living with the disease, the Association is leading the nation in creating a powerful community of care that is grounded in strong science and innovative thinking.
As leaders in innovation we thought it only necessary to be so closely attributed to this great association dedicated to better the lives of those we call family, and of course everyone suffering from the disease.
PARTICIPATION IN TOUR DE CURE® MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Participation in the Tour de Cure:
- Supports advancements in research, programs and education, and advocacy efforts for your community and across the country
- Encourages active living; supporting those looking to take their first step towards a healthier life
- Proves there is a community of advocates ready to fight for a day free from the burdens of this terrible disease